Skip to content
/ Tibialis Posterior
- Posterior aspect of interosseous membrane,
- superior 2/3 of medial posterior surface of fibula,
- superior aspect of posterior surface of tibia
- and from intermuscular septum between muscles of posterior compartment and deep transverse septum
- Splits into two slips after passing inferior to plantar calcaneonavicular ligament.
- superficial slip inserts on the tuberosity of the navicular bone and sometimes medial cuneiform
- deeper slip divides again into slips inserting on plantar sufraces of metatarsals 2 – 4 and second cuneiform
Arterial Supply :
- Muscular branches of sural, peroneal and posterior tibial arteries.
- Principal invertor of foot
- Also adducts foot
- Plantar flexes ankle
- Helps to supinate the foot.
Please be patient, it's our first week!
IT’S EASY TO USE AND IT’S 100% FREE
- Create Routines
- Record your progress
WHATEVER YOUR GOALS, WE’VE GOT EXERCISES AND WORKOUTS FOR YOU